How are you making deposits into your referral sources relationship bank account? Nurturing the relationships that you are developing takes time and effort; relationships do not spring up over night. They must be nurtured and cared for. There are many things that you can do to help move your relationships to a higher level.
Collaboration is an excellent way to build trust and support for one another. Collaborating creates a reliable and committed source of information, support, and referrals and helps you achieve your goals more easily and quickly.
Here is a list of things you can collaborate on that supports each person.
1. Write a newsletter. Each person can write an article with their by lines. This is a great way to support one another using collaboration and makes the work of a newsletter much easier.
2. Put together a seminar or training event. Real Estate Agents and Mortgage Brokers often do seminars for first time homebuyers together.
3. Co-host a social event that brings together the clients and contacts of both of the collaborative partners. Golf outings, parties, and many other types of events are good for this tactic.
4. Collaborate on a Fundraising event that supports a common charity.
Here are some important steps to remember if you are going to collaborate;
- Decide on what kinds of resources you need to obtain information, support, or referrals
- Meet to discuss the type of partnership, your needs and resources, and their needs and resources.
- Frame an informal agreement on how the partnership will work what resources you will share, how you will share them, and for how long.
- Make sure that both parties are equally committed to the work and the outcome of the project.
Done correctly collaboration is a powerful way to support one another, grow the relationship and make major deposits in the relationship bank account.