Do you know how good it is to wake up in the morning, get your coffee, flip on your computer, log in to your twitter account and find that YOU are the person being twittered about? I do, it’s great! It is exactly what happen to me last week. There were a great many “mentions” on twitter about my being listed as one of the Top 100 Women Bloggers to Watch. I was surprised and honored.
It is the second time that I have been listed in a Top 100 List and both times I have been surprised and honored. I know that I am not the best blogger on the net and I am not the most prolific, but I do blog from a place that I have passion. As I said in a previous post, passion draws people to you like bee’s to flowers.
That being said, I also spend time on my social networking sites promoting my blog. If you too are new at blogging use some of these tips to help drive traffic to your site.
1. Comment on other peoples blog – comments let bloggers know that you are reading their material. It is always a morale boost when I get comments from others even if they do disagree with me.
2. Post your blog on your Facebook account and tweet your link now and then, let people know when you have posted new material.
3. Add links to other peoples blogs. If you are writing on a topic that others have written on, link back to them. It will build visibility and credibility for both of you.
4. Put your blog link on the bottom of your email, on your website, and even on your business card. It is a great way for others to get to know you.
5. Be brief, people do not take the time to read the long rambling blogs. Say what you have to say in 300-500 words you will get more people to read your content. And blog frequently, that has been a challenge for me this summer.
I am a novice blogger compared to many on the internet and I am sure there is so much more for me to learn, but I am proud to say that I have made to 2 top 100 list and I can’t wait to see what happens when I get really good at this.