Aristotle said, “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,then, is not an act, but a habit.
So, let me ask, what habits have you created around your referrals business?
The first habit that every business person should have is the habit of tracking your activities. Creating a referral system requires that you track several things.
Track your networking activities.
- Who are you networking with?
- What activities are you participating in?
Track your giving.
- Who have you given business to?
- What connections have you been able to make?
- What was the value of the business you have given?
Track your receiving.
- Who has referred business to you?
- Who has connected you?
- What was the value of the business you received?
Track your thanking activities.
- Who have you thanked
- How have you thanked them?
When you have a system for tracking your activities and you use it consistently you begin to develop a habit. It is these habits that creates excellence!